The Curator Library provides a centralized repository for all your content files, course materials, and digital learning assets.
The Curator Library is composed of two main sections My Library and the Organization Library. Each individual user can build and access their own personal Library under the My Library Tab. Additionally, the Organization Library can be accessed by everyone in the Organization for sharing content and general collaboration.
Once saved to the Curator Library, content files, Learning Cards, and entire courses can be reused, shared, topic tagged, tracked, edited, and updated by individual content creators and entire organizations.
In this article, we'll cover how to add content to the individual user's "My Library" in a variety of ways, how to search for files you've previously uploaded, and how to share content with other users in your organization.
- Adding content files directly to My Library
- Saving an entire course to the Library from the Create timeline
- Saving individual Learning Cards to the Library from the Create timeline
- Searching My Library
- Sharing My Library content with other Users directly
- Adding content from My Library to the Organization Library
My Library Homepage Overview
To Access My Library and upload content follow the steps below:
- Click CREATE
- Expand the Library drop-down
- Select My Library
- Click Add Resources to Upload new content
- Click Search all resources to search the Library or click any folder to see its contents
- Select the Add Folder button to add a new custom folder
- Click View All to display all of your custom folders
- Select the Add Topic button to add a new Topic tag. For more about topics see How do I create and use Topics?
- Click View All to display all of your Topics
- View items that you've shared with others by clicking the "Shared with Others" folder. View items others have shared with you by clicking the "Shared with Me" folder.
Adding content directly to My Library
- Click CREATE
- Expand the Library drop-down
- Select My Library
- Click Add Resources to upload new content
- Click to select a file from your computer or simply drag and drop the file into the grey box. See next steps below, Upload file details page.
- Select LINK to add a Link to My Library. For more information on the next steps, skip ahead to Link section below.
Upload file details page
- Fill in the content file details NAME and AUTHOR
- CONTENT TYPE determines which folder the file will reside in and can be modified via the drop-down list when uploading the file.
- DESCRIPTION is where you can add a brief description of the content.
- THUMBNAIL click the green Edit button to add or edit the file's thumbnail image.
- VISIBILITY select Private to upload the file to your individual My Library, select Organization to upload the file to the shared Organization Library. If a User lacks the required Organization Permissions, Private will be the only option available here; see Sharing below for more information about Sharing content from My Library to the Organization Library.
- URL is the web address where the file will reside in the Curator Library
- Select the ASSIGNED TOPICS checkboxes to apply Topic tags to the content. See more about Topics here: How do I create and use Topics.
- Select the CUSTOM FOLDERS you'd like to add the content to
- Click Update to finish uploading your content to the library.
- NAME your Link
- Enter the URL/web address of the link
- Select the CONTENT TYPE via the drop-down. This determines which folder the file will reside in and can be modified via the drop-down list when uploading the link.
- DESCRIPTION add a brief description of the content here
- Click Save.
Adding content to the library from the CREATE timeline
To save your entire course to the Library
- Click the ellipsis (...) to expand the toolbar pop-up menu
- Click Library
- Select the Checkbox if you'd like to save all the Learning Cards to the Library individually in addition to the entire course
- Click Save to complete saving to My Library.
To save individual Learning Cards to the Library
- Click the ellipsis(...) on the Learning Card to expand the pop-up menu for that card
- Click Add to Library
Click Yes in the pop-up window and confirm you'd like to save the card to your Library. Learning Cards are saved to My Library in the My Resources folder corresponding to the type of Learning Card.
Searching My Library
- Click Create
- Select the Library drop-down
- Click My Library
- To search by Content Type click a folder, from there you can see/search the folder's contents.
- Select a Custom Folder to see/search its contents or click View All to see all of your Custom Folders
- Select a Topic or View All to see/search all content by Topic tags.
- Click the Shared with Me Folder to see/search any content shared with you by others in your Organization.
- Select Search all resources to search/filter all content in your Library.
- To search My Library enter the file's name or partial name, Click the Magnifying Glass button
- To apply filters to your search, select the Filter Library button.
- Select BY CONTENT TYPE checkboxes to Filter by content type. Select BY USERS checkboxes to filter content by User.
- Click Filter Library. Click Reset All Filters to remove your selected filters.
Sharing My Library content with other Users
Follow the Searching My Library instructions above and locate the file you'd like to share.
- Click the ellipsis(...) to the right of the file
- Select Share from the pop-up menu
- Enter the email of the User(s) you'd like to share the file with. If you lack Organization level Owner/Editor permissions, you can share the item with your Organization's Owner and they can make the item available for access to all users in the Organization Library.
- Add a note if desired
- Click Share
Adding content from My Library to the Organization Library
Users with Organization Owner or Editor permission can share any item from their My Library to the Organization Library. Follow the steps below to change a My Library item's VISIBILITY from "Private" to "Organization"; this makes the item available to all Users in the Organization Library.
- Locate the item, see Searching My Library
- Click the ellipsis(...) to the right of the item
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu
On the edit item details page
- Select Organization from the VISIBILTY drop-down menu
- Click Update
The item is now available to all Users in the Oranganization Library.