This guide covers adding content to a course in Curator Create. Take note, content can be added directly to a course on the Create Timeline, imported to your course from the Curator Library, and/or saved to your Library from the Create Timeline.
There is a seamless connection between the Curator Create and the Curator Library.
This flexibility makes it possible to leverage the Library in numerous ways before, during, and after the content creation process. Use the Curator Library to easily archive, share, and update all of your content files and complete courses.
Here's a brief overview of adding content and building a course in the Create Timeline. After that, we'll break it down step-by-step!
Enter the Timeline The timeline is the main course building area in the Curator CREATE application. This is where your course content is imported, created, edited, and arranged to build a complete course.
Create a Module Modules hold and arrange your course content. Think of a module as a lesson, chapter, or section. Depending on the course material, your personal preference may be to break the content into smaller modules or link many pieces of content together into one larger Module.
*The Modules and Learning Cards can be easily organized and rearranged at any time via drag and drop in the CREATE timeline.
Choose a Learning Card Learning Cards hold your learning content files. Learning Cards can be saved to the Curator Library for archiving, updating, sharing, and reuse.
There are individual learning cards for a wide range of content and media types: Text, Image, Video, Audio, Animation, Document, Presentation, Question/ Assessment, Bundle, Live Meeting, Group Discussion.
Additionally, there are two Cards that allow you to display multiple pieces of content to a learner on one single page. The Multicard uses a selectable grid layout and the Continuous Card places content for you on a vertically scrolling page.
The Conditional Card allows you to create personalized and branched learning pathways by redirecting a learner to different areas of a course based on how they answer the question posed in the Conditional Card.
Select a Learning Card from the toolbar which corresponds with the learning object you're creating or adding (Text Card for text, Video Card for a video file/web-linked video, Audio Card for an audio file/Podcast, Question Card for the Questions and assessments builder, Bundle Card for SCORM/xAPI package, etc.)
Add content to the Card and choose additional options, click Save.
Repeat to add as many modules and learning cards as needed to build your course.
Changes are saved automatically.
*Modules and Learning Cards that have been added or modified will display an * next to their name, which indicates they have not been published yet. The changes can be Published to your learners, immediately or in the future, by selecting the Publish Card, Publish Module, or Publish Course function.*
Enter the Timeline
From the course details page:
- Click the Course Menu ellipsis(...) pop-up button.
- Click Timeline.
From anywhere in the CURATOR platform:
- Click CREATE in the top menu bar to enter the course homepage.
- Click a course thumbnail to enter the course timeline.
**If needed, use the search bar to locate your Course.
Switch between the list and gallery views on the course homepage with the buttons circled above. The list view is shown above, the gallery view is shown below.
Create a Module
The empty Timeline. 1. Add Module 2. Select/add Learning Card
- Click the + button to add a Module to the Timeline. Give the module a name and fill in additional info (not required) in the Module pop-up window.
Select and add a Learning Card
2. Click the Learning Card icon in the toolbar that corresponds with the type of content you'd like to create/import. For example Text Card for text-based content, Image Card for picture or graphic, Video Card for a video clip, Audio Card for audio file/Podcast, Document Card for a PDF, Question Card for a question/assessment, Bundle Card for a SCORM/xAPI/HTML5 package, Multi/Continuous Card for multiple types of content on one page.
Add Content to a Learning Card
The Learning Card window
- Select the source of your content. Sources vary depending on the card you select, most learning cards will have at least three sources: File (from your computer), Link (for content that resides on the web), and Library (to pull in content that you have previously uploaded to your Curator Library).
- Drag and drop or click the button to select your File, alternatively enter your link/URL or choose a file from your library with the drop-down menus.
- Click the arrows in the right panel to expand and fill in any additional options, availability, etc.
- Click Save.
Continue and add as many Modules and Learning Cards as needed to complete building your course.
After you have completed building or updating your course, learn how to Publish your content in the article below: